Jun 24, 2012

DAY 530: MAY 14

Well, as you all know, I got transferred, and I'm in a new area! In the big city of New Orleans! I'm really excited. We have a huge area, covering from the Mississippi river up to lake Pontchartrain, almost all of orleans parish. I am in the same ward that I was before when I was in Metarie, so I saw some familiar faces and was excited to be back. I am also with a new companion, named Elder Richards, He's from arizona. So I just talked to most of you on the phone yesterday, so I guess theres not a whole lot of new updates, but... Yeah.

We live in a cool little neighborhood, which apparently was pretty bad before katrina, but is a little better now. Though someone got shot in a house across the street last weekend. So yeah. My new address is 811 Adele st, 70130 New Orleans, LA. Check it out on MapQuest or something if you want. We had a fun last p-day in Baton Rouge, played kickball and Frisbee at the park, and packed. then played some music at Roberto's friends house, his friend (whos a member) took a video of us two playing Nearer my God to thee, with one verse in spanish, one in portugese, and the third together in portugese, it was pretty good. She added me as a friend on FB so that she could send somebody back home the video, but I think my little sister forgot the password to my account (I had her change it before I left so I wouldn't be tempted to while out here) or something.

Well, I'll write a longer one next week, I promise. Email me some questions about the new area or whatever!
Love y'all,
Elder Cardon

P.S. Here it is again, the new address:

811 Adele st
New Orleans, LA
70130

No comments:

Post a Comment