Mar 21, 2011

DAY 90

Hey Everyone!
 
   Well, yes, we do go to a spanish ward. It has about 100 regularly attend. About the music thing... The congregational hymns are rough, at best. Last week we sang a hymn, I dont remember which one, that is a little less commonly sung, and it was bad. But, you can tell some people are really putting their heart into it, it just manifests in a less than harmonically pleasing way. Same thing with the sacrament, I'm really proud of our deacons for setting a good standard and example. Here, theres only 2 or 3 deacon age young men, so its alot of either recent converts and some older members of the ward. Theyll pass 2 trays into one aisle, then have the people pass them back, this one guy last week was scooting around people into the aisle to pass to each person directly. Its pretty disorganized. But, not my job to instruct in that department, and at least everybody gets the sacrament. 
 
   Well, we had the wedding last week, I unfortunately didnt take any pictures, but all went well. The night of they asked me to play the piano, she said she wanted here comes the bride for her processional. I said I could probably do it. I sat down and figured it out, and had it down ok. I did some prelude with just the canon in D chord pattern, then when they came for the processional, I played here comes the bride, and it wasnt too bad. The bishop did a simple ceremony, read the family proclamation, and there of course was food afterward, some really good rice and flautas, and a nice big tres leches cake. We scored some leftovers :).
 
  Wednesday something funny happened to us, that Ive heard of happening before. We were knocking doors in an apartment complex, and we knocked one door, a guy looked from the upstairs window, and we saw him, so we waved. We waited for a bit, then decided he wasnt coming, so we went to the next one. We knocked on that one, and a lady answered, and we started talking to her. Then just a second later, the door before opened. So I went back and talked to the guy at the first door, and Elder De Los Santos kept talking to the other one, and we eached talked for about 10 min to them. It was kind of cool, I felt really comfortable with my spanish by mylself to just talk and share a whole message. He was really excited about coming to church, and when I was explaining the Book of Mormon and pulled one out, he asked if we had more books. I started to say "Well we beleive in the Bible as well, and this is..." and he said "no I mean more of those- like if I wanted one" and I said yes and handed it to him. Hopefully well be able to meet more with him, hes a nice guy. 
 
  Were going to have a baptism this Saturday, Eujenio will be baptized. There will also be a couple of other ones, from other missionaries, were not quite sure what were gonna do with scheduling yet. And whats really cool is he asked me to baptize him! It should be a great service.
 
Well, I dont really have any one-liners this week, but maybe I'll think of something for next week. Send me questions and I'll answer them!
 
-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment