Mar 21, 2011

DAY 97

Madre! Por que no me escribio este semana? No me gusta estar en obscuridad de sus vidas!
 
But, In other news, we had a baptism this week! Our awesome investigator Eugenio got baptized, and I got to perform the ordinance! It was really cool. I took some pictures. He said he wants to go out with us as often as possible, which is great, because having a member at a lesson is always powerful, and he has a car, so it saves nuestros piernas de un poco de dolor. On saturday it rained. And when I say it rained, I mean it RAINED. Gatos y perros. Sideways as well. It was crazy. The drainage system here isnt great, so alot of the streets were flooded. Luckily ours was alright, being just a bit higher that some other surrounding ones, but I'll attach some pictures of the crazy streets. I think this may start some of the "same old same old" type updates, but I'll try to think of some good one-liners:
 
So we had a family home evening at a members home with 2 families, and a family of investigators. The investigators had a little 2 year old that was being a little irritable. They said he was probaly just feeling a little sick. Then, a few minutes later, while he was standing in front of the two parents sitting on the couch, the kid just starts throwing up, with a big thick stream of what looked like partially recycled spaghetti-o's. The dad quickly reacted and put his hands out in a cupping shape to catch it, but he filled the dads hands, and kept going! So the mom reached over with her hands and starts filling hers too. Luckily, he stopped with just a bit in the moms hands, so she picked him up and they brought him and they hand-bowl of barf to the bathroom to let the rest out of him. Good thing he didnt keep going, cuz I was sitting next to them and would have been next to offer the use of my hands.
 
So, this family weve been trying to get to come to church came this week! Their one son, who is 9, has come with us to church for the last 3 weeks, and his mom says every week hes ready an hour early and excited to go. But this week, he got them all to go! So we found them a ride, and their mom and all 6 kids came to church! They have a 2 1/2 year old named Ricardo who is just the cutest little thing ever, he reminds me so much of Daniel. During church, one of the other kids was sitting between me and him, and we totally played that little game where you lean back where to where you cant see them, then pop your head out and go "hah!", and he has this little laugh thats so much like daniels. I miss that kid!
 
Well, Thats probably all for now, but I want to hear from you guys! Email me! and write me during the week!
 
-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment