Sep 3, 2012

DAY 593: JULY 16

Weekly update!

Well, this was a pretty normal week. I got to go on exchange with the english elders in our district, and I got to go be on bikes with them. It was way fun, I definitely miss being on a bike. There are definitely some nice things about a car, though. Like not getting soaked head to foot like I did while on the bike, because it rained like crazy. Thats usually nice. But we still had a very succesful day, and taught some good lessons, and Elder Lawson was able to improve on his teaching skills a whole bunch! We had a good lesson with a lady who literally thought that 4th of July was celebrated because thats the day that America got food stamps. Wow. Nice one, Louisiana.

 

    We have been keeping pretty busy, but theres definitely not quite as thick of a spanish population here as in Metairie or even Baton Rouge. I think I mentioned before, president Wall said this was the hardest spanish area in the mission- yikes! But I think even so, we'll be having a baptism or two real soon. Antonio and Dora are doing really well, we havent taught them much this last week, but they really want to get baptized, and Antonio has come to church 4 times! Dora and Norma still havent, because they work on Sundays, and haven't been able to get it off. 

 

  Heres a picture of our street, taken from the balcony.

 

Well, my birthdays coming up! You are of course welcome to send me a letter :)

 

811 Adele st

New Orleans, LA 70130

 

    
 

 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment