Jan 18, 2011

DAY 49: The new DL!

Hey Mom! (and everyone else)
 
     How has everyone been? I'm doing well! Some cool things have happened in this last week. Last Tuesday, just hours after I sent the email, Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to all the missionaries. It was awesome.  But of course it was awesome, it was Elder Holland! He talked about the apostle Peter when after Christ was crucified, he and the other apostles went back to fishing, then saw Christ on the shore, and he said "if ye love me, feed my sheep". He made a great parallel to our lives as missionaries, that we need to leave our "nets" which are things of the world and old hobbies we had, behind us and focus on the work.  It was great. On Sunday, just before our sacrament meeting, a member of the branch presidency, brother Jurgens, asked me to step aside with him. Brother Jurgens is a tall, intense-looking, ex-military no messin' around kind of guy, so when he pulls you aside you know somethings bad. At the same time he said to my companion Elder Rose he wanted to talk to him next. I was totally freaking out and trying to think of what I had done wrong, but it turned out he called me to be District Leader! Elder Rose was the previous DL, and he talked to him just after me to inform him of the change. So the first two days Ive had as district leader have gone well, I think I will be able to do what needs to be done. We just got a new MTC presidency, president and sister Brown. They spoke to us in the sunday night fireside, I can tell they will do great (not like they call any old hack to come be the president here).
 
     Something else awesome is that my district just started practicing "seek this jesus" today to get it prepared to try out to perform as a special musical number. I went to get copies and they said "we cant do it its copyrighted" and I said "its by mom" and there like ".... oh. ok." so we got some copies and have been rehearsing, its coming along great!!! This week, we are doing "La Semama de Espanol", and so were trying to speak completely spanish, for every minute we are awake. I did direct our musical practice in english thought. Siento un poco extrano de hablar en ingles. Well, hope everyones doing great, send me a letter everyone! Dearelder.com or the real kind, I'm not picky!
 
Love,
Cam

I don't know how he managed to sneak out and see Aubrey, but I'm jealous.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment