Jan 25, 2011

DAY 56: Transfer Plans!

Hey Mom!
 
   Well, 2 items of big news for this week. You can decide which ones bigger. Number one, I recieved my travel plans!!!! I am leaving next tuesday, the 1st, to go to Baton Rouge. I have to be at the travel office here at the MTC at 3am! Ouch. My flight leaves from SLC at 6 to dallas, tx, and after a 2 hr layover I head to Baton Rouge. I actually met one of the elders I will be traveling with, he is a friend of my companion elder howell, but he is going english speaking to the same mission. and it does say explicitly not to have your family meet you at the airport, sorry :p. But, apparently I can call you from the airport in dallas during the layover, so watch for that one. Anyways, the other big item of news is that last week, we practiced up as a district, combined with Elder Jordan Barrett, and tried out with Seek this Jesus. We then got to perform at the big sunday night fireside in fromt of 2100 missionaries! It definitely brought the spirit, and the keynote speaker complimented the song and invited us to constantly be seeking that Jesus that we sang of. Small world: there is a Sister in my district named sister Young, who is from issaquah, and her uncle is President Chambers! And, there is and Elder in my zone named elder Olsen, when I met him I said I was from seattle and he said "oh my aunt uncle live in a city near there, it has a weird name..." I said "Sammamish?" and he said "Ya! do you know the Broomheads?" Turns out its Jeff Broomheads nephew, I can see some resemblence.
 
Well, I do miss you family, yes. And I am very much looking forward to heading to Louisiana. I can hardly wait! Its even harder when you have a date and are counting the days (even the hours). I wouldnt say I have a favorite person in my District, everyones a little different, but some people will have things that bother me, and others less, but thats part of life I guess. I am trying to be the best leader I can, relying on the lord for help, but continuing to press forward with faith even if I'm not totally sure.
 
Well, I've got a week left, so send me lots of dearelders before I go!!
 
-Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment