May 16, 2011

DAY 168: May 16

Hey Everyone!

  This week was pretty average, maybe a little slow, and with a lot of biking. I've said before I want to try not to give "same old same old" updates, so here is a story about yesterday in church:
 
   So every Sunday we have a translation thing set up for those that don't speak Spanish, so one of the missionaries will sit up on the stand with a little headset microphone and in the congregation they have little receivers with headphones so people can listen to the translation. This week, I asked if I could try it out. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be! I never really have a problem understanding in church anymore, in the MTC I was still having to think about it, then translate it into English in my head, but now I can just listen to it without thinking.  But when you have to listen, translate, then repeat it out loud, things get real fast. I did fine with the opening welcome and stuff, but once we got into the talks it was tough. He would speak at a normal rate and sometimes pause between thoughts, but he read a few quotes, which, for me at least, he seemed to say significantly faster. But, I learned a lot, and hopefully will be able to do that again in the near future, and for a side job after the mission maybe. :)

  So, in the apartment we are in, there has been 4 missionaries, but this morning, 2 of them moved out. They just couldnt take it anymore. Kidding! About the second part anyway. They re-did the English boundaries and apartments, so the spanish elders from here are moving to an apartment that is closer to their area that used to be for the English sisters, and the english sisters are moving to another apartment that is closer to the middle of their area, which has been extended, and now covers what the other English elders had, and they live in their apartment now. So, it will be different, but I heard that some other Spanish areas are going to be closed, so maybe we'll get some new missionaries here in our apartment, and some boundaries here re-adjusted. Another sad thing about missionaries leaving is the Martineaus, our senior couple, has gone home. Were supposed to be getting a new one in the next few months, but well see what happens.

  Well, I guess I don't have anything else to write about.... So hope everyone is having a great time and hope to hear from you all soon!

-Cam

P.S. Ask me to tell the types of stories you want to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment