Jul 6, 2011

DAY 175: May 23

Hey Mom! Happy Birthday!

   These here in Louisiana are going well! The flooding hasnt affected us, at least not yet. The only thing Ive noticed is the canals seem to be a little higher, but I dont know how related that is. Theres supposedly a high likelihood of a hurricane this summer, so we should be expecting an adventure, but well see what happens. Its been getting alot warmer, but apparently we're not even at the hottest it will be for the summer. Combined with the humidity, it makes for a real fun time riding around. So you all moving to China sounds just crazy! I want to come with! Or at least visit sometime later. I hope you all have a great time. Is Ellyn still going to go to Germany then? Whats the plan there? And are you all going to learn Chinese? 

  So anyways, this last week we had zone conference. They are always alot of fun, and we always learn alot. President Woods came and gave a great instruction about the Atonement, which was great. Its one of the most fundamental doctrines, yet I think its still something you can study deeply and still not quite understand. In the conference, they brought a few clip-on lapel mics to do some of the presentations. We have a senior couple for the office, and he brought the stuff and a small mixer. As he was setting up, I could hear some buzzing and could tell he was having a few problems. I went in and offered to help, fixed the problems, then ended up running the whole thing. It totally reminded me of the conference center, and also made me miss doing sound stuff. A really fun opportunity to do so.

  Surprisingly enough, I dont think we have a drunk guy story from this last week. One from a while ago is when I was with Elder Vail, we talked with some people outside, and ended up sitting down with them for awhile, and ate some carne asada. There was one of them who was totally plastered, and I somehow ended up sitting next to him. About every 30 seconds he would turn to me and say "Dios es maravilloso!" (God is marvelous). And I would say "Si, hermano, lo es". (Yes, brother, he is.) Then he would say "Dios es el unico!" (God is the only one). I would respond "Si, hermano, lo es". The other people there thought it was kind of funny, and after awhile I started to mess with him a little. He would say "Dios es maravilloso!" and I would say right back, "Si, Dios es el unico." Then he would look at me funny, pause for a second, then say "Dios es maravilloso!" Then he asked me why we suffer here in the world. I said its because we dont follow the commandments. He asked why we dont follow the commandments. I said "Pues, debe decirme, es mandamiento de no ser borracho" (Well, you should tell me, its a commandment not to be drunk). He just kind of looked at me for a little bit then said "DIOS! Es maravilloso!"

      This week we had a few members go out with us, which is always a great help. I dont have much time left, but I hope you all are doing well! If you do go to China, are you just going to rent the house out or...? And how are all the other people from our ward doing? would you mind sending me a few updates from everyone? I can print stuff out here, so dont worry about them being long. And casey is going to GHANA!?!? thats awesome! I'm jealous! I totally wanted to go somewhere like that! But, there's strange enough folk here in the south. When is he leaving? Is he speaking english?

Love,
Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment