Jul 31, 2011

DAY 224: July 11

Hey Mom! Thanks so much for your super long letter!! Thats cool to read about your adventures with saving people and hiring hispanics from home depot. We've gone by the local lowe's hardware store a few times and contacted the Hispanics waiting to be picked up.  Happens all over the place!

  So, everyones going to San Diego? Too bad you cant bring me too! I hope you all have lots of fun. This week was pretty normal, same type of "missionary stuff" that we always do. We almost got the standard of excellence again, so darn close! We'll for sure get it this week.

  Since you said last week was such a great email, maybe I'll try not to be so exciting in this one, so that it really stands out. Also, because theres not really a whole lot of stuff to write about. EXCEPT: We got a new mission president!! His name is President Wall, and they are going to do very well, I can see. We had a zone conference with them, and they both gave wonderful talks, and both have great senses of humor. They are originally form Everett, and so I have a little bit of an "in" with being from the same area. He seems pretty by the book, but it just goes to show that you can have fun and work hard AND go by the book, all at the same time.

  Well, things with our investigators are going ok, its amazing to me how hard it is for people to just exercise some faith and pray! I know you can do it! We've been having a tough time getting out some doubts with people, they say they're kind of like an iceberg, only a little bit shows, and you have to go a little deeper to get to the real problem. A couple of them said that its just hard to believe something that they have never heard about their whole life. But, thats why we pray. And thats why we came to your door, to tell you about it!

But, I hope everyone is doing well, and that you send me lots of letters and packages for my birthday!

Love,
Cam

1 comment: