Jul 6, 2011

DAY 203: June 20

Well Hey everyone! Thanks for all the emails this week, its cool to know that uncle Dave is now famous!

  I guess if I can sum up the week in one sentence it would be: Its freakin hot and freakin humid. Not really another way to put it. Walking out of the apartment is like walking into a wall, its crazy. Sweat becomes a thing you just cant not do, and you do it ALOT.  But, everyone deals with it, and its a good way to get into to peoples houses; asking for a bit of water, then all the sudden their listening to a message about the restored gospel.

  So during the week, I always think of stuff I think "Hey! I should write home about that, my family would love to hear about that." And then I get here at the library to write, and cant remember anything! So I'll try to remember a few. We had our last zone conference with President Woods on Friday, we are going to miss them, they were great mission presidents. But, we will be getting a new one on July 1st, named president Wahl, of whom president woods has spoken of highly and should do well. Some other mission news, at the end of August, 10 spanish missionaries are going home, and there are only 13 companionships, so 10 of them will be training. In my interview with President, he told me I would be one of them, so that's pretty cool, and exciting. Hope I don't get a weirdo.

  I attached a few pictures of us at the last zone conference, and of one night when it rained like crazy! We were in a lesson, and it was getting late, and as we were wrapping up, we heard what sounded like rain outside, and when we left, it sure was, and it was pouring. Rain is a little different here than in Washington, here, the rain isnt messing around. It rains.  So we put everything in our backpacks and zipped them up tight, then went for it, and by them time we went back, we may as well have gone swimming, no joke. It was pretty cool all the same.

Well, I'm out of time here at the library, so I'll talk to you all later!

-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment