Jul 6, 2011

DAY 190: June 6

Hey Everyone! Yes, I realized Ive been out for 6 months! Its crazy! Time really flies. This week was pretty good, it seemed a little slower, because we don't have Salvador and Alison as investigators anymore... but for a good reason- they got baptized! We are going around trying to get some of our other investigators progressing, which has been an interesting process. We have been working with this family, David and Dominica, and their 2  kids. They openly told us that they were having problems in their marriage, and they wanted help fixing it. We told them we definitely weren't marriage counselors, but living the Gospel of Jesus Christ solves all problems, and we could at least help with that. I definitely feel comfortable with the Spanish. Very often I will use a grammar concept or a vocab word that I had studied without even thinking about it, then I'll say "wow! I just used pluperfect subjunctive with the -se ending without even thinking about it!" I would definitely say I have seen the gift of tongues. Cant say I've had very many flubs, but it happens occasionally. I have been studying in the Book of Mormon, I'm trying to read it all in Spanish, and I'm in Alma 47 right now. I have to go to the dictionary sometimes, mostly for cause of less-common words, like you see in the English scriptures.

  I'll share a funny experience from this week: We had just taught a good lesson, and were leaving, and outside their apartment some people had an inflatable pool, some music going, out enjoying the day. Two of the guys asked us to come over, so we went and talked to them, and they had definitely had something to drink. We talked to them for a bit, and they kept trying to speak English to us, but their English was terrible, and we told them we could speak Spanish just fine (in Spanish, so it was even more convincing). I noticed one of the guys had a tattoo of a microphone with a crown on it, so I asked if he was a singer. He said he was a rapper, and asked if we wanted to hear some. I said "alright, I'll do the beat, you rap." I threw down a beat, and he did a pretty good rap (in Spanish) about how he and his friends had come to America. Afterward he was really impressed and invited us to come to his show on the 17th, and said I could be part of his show. We asked where it was, and unfortunately the club was out of our area, so we told them we wouldn't be able to make it. :)

  So, some big news of the week is transfers! Elder Christensen is going to Baton Rouge, and I am staying here in North Metarie, and I will be with an Elder Rawlings, whom I have never met, so well see how it goes. Everything else is just about staying the same though.

Well, hope everyone is doing well, I'm excited to hear the news on China!

-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment