Jan 8, 2012

DAY 377: DECEMBER 12

Well, the time is short, and theres so much to share! The week went very well, we had 6 people at church!!! It was great. We've been pretty low on that particular number the last few weeks, but this week was great. We had Rolando, Fernando and Bresayda, all of whom came last week, and then 3 new guys we found this week, named Benicio, Juan, and JuanCarlos. The other day we were doing some service at a thrift store nearby (our president has asked us to do several hours of service weekly) and I saw a spanish guy while I was sweeping, and starting talking to him. He noticed my tag and said "you guys are elders? wheres the church?" turns out he was a member, had gotten baptized in Alabama a few months ago, and is here now and was looking for the church. Perfect! so we went over the next day to his house and had a little lesson with him and one of his roomates, then him, and two of his roomates came to church! We were super excited, and lots of members said hi to them. They are pretty cool guys. When we had the lesson at their house we were talking about repentance, and we asked "when is the best time to repent?" and JuanCarlos said "right now" and I LOVE that answer because so many people just say "well, when you feel it in your heart" or "when its convenient" or "later". Which type of people normally go nowhere. Benicio we just found, he's been here from guatemala for less than a month, and came from the same city in which rick is serving! He said he was meeting with the missionaries there, and was excited to see us here! maybe it was rick!!


Our district had some great numbers this week, we found lots of new investigators and had lots of people at church! The Zone Leaders commented to me that the district started doing so great once I was put in as district leader, but I dont know if thats really what it is- correlation doesnt always mean causality! But, I'm really excited for us. My companion and I have been running almost every day this week, one morning we went out to a nearby park with a frisbee, and since 2 on 2 ultimate frisbee is tough, I taught them how to run a frisbee play called the H-stack (if anyone cares) and it was pretty fun. Next time we play frisbee with other elders on p-day we will show them whats up! I've also been eating alot healtier, and I can really see and feel the difference, especially because I'm in a car instead of on a bike!


Well, thats about it. If anyone has any questions about missionary life, let me know! Hope everyone has a great christmas!!


Love,

Cam


P.S. My address is


1343 Jade ave

Baton Rouge, LA 70810


for when you send me all the cards and letters and presents :)


No comments:

Post a Comment