Dec 14, 2010

DAY 14: Now back to elementary?

Well, I was a little dissapointed to not see an email from you, but I guess the letters count :p
 
Anyways, this week was pretty fun. Time is this weird thing here in the MTC, the days feel like weeks, but the weeks feel like days. It seems like last week writing an email and doing laundry was so far away, but somehow it feels like yesterday. Its weird! So alot of you have asked what "really happens" in the MTC- well, I guess I'll fill you in- Basically we live in the classroom, the gym and the cafeteria, and just sleep and get ready in our actual dorm rooms. An average day would go something like this:
 
6:30 (ish at least) wake up, get ready
 
7:00, in the classroom, doing personal study
Basically, just your own time to do what you want, whether just reading scriptures or studying preach my gospel, or your own language study.
 
7:45 Breakfast
Lots of options for food, even though most people complain alot. Lots of people tell me dont drink the orange juice??
 
8:25 Gym time
This is probably one of my favorite times of the day. Its in the gym (duh) and theres 2 volleyball courts, 4-5 basketball half-courts, and a 4-square court all in one big open area, then upstairs there is a track that goes above the whole building that is 10 laps to a mile, with weight machines in every corner where there is more space. I usually play 4-square, and do a few laps upstairs when the line starts getting long. Let me tell you a bit about MTC 4-square. It is definitely not your average playground game. This gets gnarly. Lots of people think that missionaries learn humility or something while there here. Well, if they do, its all forgotten in 4-square. Theres one particular Elder who is pretty good, but plays dirty. By playing dirty I mean slamming, throwing cheapshots in the corners and at your ankles, and has an attitude with it too. Whenever theres a close call, he always argues it his way. So one time I called him out on it, and basically just told him to afuera (get off). Luckily a few people backed me up, but he pointed to me and said "I'm gonna get you next time". Well the next game right when he got in, he nailed me in the feet right as I turned back around from returning a volleyball to the game behind us. Of course he smugly invited me off the court. I figured if I stayed at the game one of us was gonna start a fight and we'd both be sent home, so I just ran for the rest of the time that day. The next gym time we were standing in line right next to eachother, and talked for a little while, and hes actually pretty cool. He ended with "well now were friends so I wont go for you every time". That was no calmer of fiery competetion for me. Right when he got in after me, I threw him what looked like a nice easy shot, but put a bunch of sidespin on it, so when it bounced it went straight out of his square, getting him out. Whos the fool now Roberts. Who's the fool now.
 
9:15 gym over, get ready for class
9:45 back in the classroom doing MDT
MDT stands for Missionary directed time, basically time for us as a district to do companionship study, work on our district goals for language and memorization and stuff, and just do what we need to do. The weather has been actually quite nice, we even studied outside once or twice.
 
12:30 Lunch
The foods decent, but cooking for 2500 is tough stuff, I'll give em a break.
 
1:15 Class
This time slot we have a teacher, I have 3 different ones: Hermano Blazzard, Johnson, and Garcia. I wish I had time to tell you about all of them, but I dont right now. They are kind of hybrid teachers, they teach us how to teach lessons effectively, spansih grammar and anyhting else
 
5:30 Dinner
 
6:15 class
Same as the other one
 
 
9:00 plan for the next day
 
 
 
 
Anyways, im out of time, Love you all!!
 
 
-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment