Dec 28, 2010

DAY 28: Christmas With the Elders (and Sisters. let's be PC.)

Hey Mom (and everyone else!)
 
      Thanks for the E-mail! I sure hope you still had funeven though I wasn't there. Christmas here was excellent. Christmas eve we had a devotional with the mission presidency, where we sang a really fun version of 12 days of christmas, (the MTC gave me). I dont remember all of them, but there was like 10 new commandments, 7 lukewarm showers, 6:30 wake up, 5 hours of gym! 4 chocolate milks, 3 new companions, 2 free haircuts and a rock solid testimony. We also watched Mr. Krugers christmas, which is very high on the list of cheesiest church movies ever made, and thats sayin something! Chirstmas eve night, my 2 companions and I decided to do something nice for the other elders in our district (Elders Philpott and Thomas). Someone had sent me a christmas package that had a stocking in it, so we took that, a bunch of candy that we had already recieved, some soda from the vending machine, and whatever other goodies we could find. During the evening time where we all run around the halls doing crazy stuff, I went in their room and stealthily grabbed one of there keys off their desk. We wrote them quite a funny christmas note, set our alarm for 2am, then went into their room as quietly as possible, hung the stocking and put other stuff on the floor beneath it, and snuck out without them waking up. I'm sure they were excited to see something there on chirstmas morning.  We had a big talent show on christmas day, I performed in a group of people where we did a variation of canon in D with the first noel over it. It sounded pretty cool. There was 2 guitars, a violin and 5 singers. We had an afternoon devotional with Russell m. Nelson, it was excellent. He gave us some wonderful advice to be better missionaries and people. We had an evening fireside where there was 2 actors portraying the story of scrooge, it was quite excellent, very well done. Russell M. Nelson also spoke after that briefly. On sunday after chirstmas, elder nelson addressed the priesthood bretheren in a big combined meeting, which was also excellent, he gave us some wonderful advice as well. On the monday after, all the excitement and festivities had died down and it was back to normal.
 
    I was super excited about both presents! The e-mail server here wont let us attach pics, but I think I will try to get my SD card to jay and maybe he could email them to you. I have been practicing juggling, and am getting pretty good, and me and my companion are practicing the 2 person juggling where you go across from eachother, were getting pretty good at that as well. Someone else got some oranges in one of there christmas packages, weve been using those as the extra two. We kept dropping them and they exploded one by one. The pocketwatch is sweet, it looks quite "dapper" according to Elder Rose. Him and I have been working on our arrangement of "I know my heavenly father loves me" and its sounding really good! We're going to try out with it on Thursday. In his former life, he did Krav Maga, which is this crazy Israeli martial art that has some of the gnarliest ab workouts you could imagine, we did a few and I was sore from just a short workout. Nothin beats the intensity of 4 square though.
 
    Well, I'm about out of things to talk about. Incase you were wondering, yes I'm still studying alot and learning spanish. I feel like Im getting alot better when we speak alot, which were trying to do more as a district. Speaking of district, my new district is pretty cool we have 7 sisters and 5 elders, which first of all is a huge district, and very rare to have more sisters then elders. They arrived here 2 weeks after us, so I'm reviewing some of what I learned, but still trying to move forward in my personal study.
 
   Well, I always love to recieve letters! You can do it for free through dearelder.com, which will be delivered same day if done before 4pm, or you can write me, same address, but the mailbox number changed to #130 (please change accordingly on fb)
 
Love,
 
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment