Dec 21, 2010

DAY 20

Hey Everyone!
 
     Week 3 at the MTC, and its starting to feel a little repetitive. But, still awesome. I got "transferred" into a new district this week, because Elder Shaver and Corradi both left for the Madrid MTC this morning, so I have two new companions named Elder Howell and Elder Rose. Elder Rose said he played the violin and liked to improvise. They have a few instruments you can check out, so we got a violin and went to a room with a piano to jam. I had figured out the chords for "My heavenly father loves me" and without me even telling him the key, he just busted it out with very few mistakes. It was ILL! We made an arrangement that sounds awesome, and were going to audition to do it at a fireside or something. 
 
   Speaking of auditions, we tried out for the christmas day talent show. An elder in our zone had a cool idea of using the chord progression of canon in d and singing the first noel over it, it sounds good. Elder Rose is playing the violin and we have two elders on guitars, who are both really good as well, then 5 people singing, including me! it sounds pretty good. I think we have a decent chance, mostly cause of uniqueness.
 
       Gym time is still pretty fun, Elder 4-square jerk is still out there, gaining more of a dislike by the day with his attitude. But, I still just try to get him out whenever I can, to be the more humble person (does it make me less humble for saying that?)
 
       With classes, like I said before, we have teachers who kind of teach everything. So in their 3 hour teaching time, they'yll teach us a new grammar concept, some new vocab, then talk about companionship unity and how to deal with lazy companions and stuff. Then we'll go over a lesson, and either practice teaching on them with a review after, or learn some other doctrinal stuff. The cool thing about the doctrine is it's all so simple, but you can get really deep into each concept and learn alot.
 
      Anyways, theres not a whole lot of time for our email here, so I may have to wrap up. I got a few christmas packages, thanks alot! I got the music as well!
 
Love,
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment