Dec 6, 2010

DAY 2: First Impressions

Dec 2nd, 2010
Dear family,
                I first want to tell you all that I am having a great time! When I first got here, all I could do was smile. I was super excited to finally be doing this. I am in a trio rather than companionship, so it is cool to have a bigger dynamic within our group. My district is just us and a solo sister, basically. She has 2 companions, but they are in a different level (we are in intermediate). So since she can’t be alone, and one of us can’t be alone with her, we always have to travel as a 4 person group.
                My 2 companions are named Elder Shaver and Elder Corradi. Elder Shaver is from Arizona and plays guitar and piano and does recording as well. He is a little more quiet and reserved, but is a good elder, he was just made the district leader. Elder Corradi. Is from France. No kidding, this is his first time in the U.S. His English is alright, between the two of us using simple language and some Spanish, we can understand and have some laughs. Hermana Wirth is the lone sister in our district, she is from Philadelphia. I have yet to make a Rocky joke. She is very nice.
                The food is pretty good, can’t complain there. The days feel really long, but I hear they get quicker. We have 3-4 hrs a day of personal and companion study, which is a lot to fill, but I think in time it will get easier. I do need a better immunization record, I don’t really know where to get it, but its supposed to be accurate. I also want that record player icon T-shirt, I forgot it when I left. Anyways, I’ll get to email on Tuesday, so I’ll talk to you then!
                                                Love,
                                                Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment