May 6, 2012

DAY 441: FEBRUARY 14


So the big news this week is about transfers! I am going to... stay!! Haha! Gotcha!



   I will spend yet another transfer here in South Baton Rouge. Which I really am quite ok with. Our work is going well, and we have at least 2 or 3 people who I know will be baptized very soon if we are diligent with them. My companion, Elder Cornejo, however, will be going. We dont know where yet, and I dont know who my new companion will be, but we'll find out tomorrow. I think I've mentioned, we do transfers a little differently now, instead of president telling you everything on the phone, he just tells us going or staying, then we all come to the stake center on Wednesday morning, and find out who our new companions are, and receive some instruction from president.



  This last week was pretty normal, we taught some great lessons and had some people at church who had never come before! We had another couple named Omar and Reina, Omar is the brother of Briseyda, who just got married and baptized a few weeks ago. They came for the first time, and liked it alot. They had good input in the classes, and liked sacrament meeting. We had a recent convert give a talk, and it was really funny. He's a really funny guy, and always gives really funny commentaries on things. He talked about obedience. He has a strong catholic background (i dont think its totally sunk in with him that hes not catholic anymore) so when he talked about Christ he said "Christ was always obedient to the Virgin Mary. Oh yeah, to heavenly father as well. Except one time he wasnt..." and talked about the time when his parents found him at the temple. So a little false doctrine. He also gave the example of Jonas, how he was disobedient and was punished for it. He said something like "He was inside a big fish for 3 days, fasting and praying... Well I guess he had to fast..." Overall, it was a good talk, but he had most of the congregation (and himself) laughing. 



  So I guess next week it will be some updates on the new companion, and I'll get some pictures in too!



Hope to hear from you soon!



-Elder Cardon


 

P.S. My address will stay the same!
 

1343 Jade Ave,
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
 

No comments:

Post a Comment