May 6, 2012

DAY 447: FEBRUARY 20


Well, this week was transfers!



  Like I mentioned, my companion left, and I stayed and got a new companion. Turns out my companion didn't leave far, as he is now in North Baton Rouge, and I am still here in South. I now have a new companion named Elder Hernandez! He is a super funny guy, he is from Tabasco, Mexico, and we have alot of fun. He reminds me a bit of my trainer, Elder De Los Santos. He like to quote nacho libre, which is hilarious because of his authentic accent. We have found some cool new investigators already, and are always helping people come closer to Christ. One of the people we found I first met with my previous companion, which was kind of a cool story of how we met him. So theres the missionary blessing of the lord putting people in your path for you to talk to. This definitely happened with this guy, who's name is Victor. Saturday morning we went to visit a recent convert, but he wasn't home. Right across the street were two guys working on a car. We went over and talked to them, one of them lived right there, and the other guy was just visiting. As we were talking, he took a phone call, and said he had to go help another friend with his car (he's a mechanic), so we took his info and said wed come back. Then later that day, on a complete other side of town, we went to visit another investigator, and he wasn't there. Just across the street, there was two guys working on a car, so we decided to go talk to them. Turns out it was the same guy! We were totally set up to talk to him twice in one day! So we had a lesson with him last Wednesday, and he is super cool. Alot of the comments and answers to our questions and the questions he asked were just perfect! It was great!



    So the other day it rained like crazy! there was tons of clouds, and it made it way way dark at like 11 in the morning. Tons of rain and lightning and thunder, so much that the power went out for a bit and car alarms were going off! Exciting adventure. We still went out and worked though! Didn't get too wet, it cleared up later in the day.



  This morning we got to go play racquetball with the President wall and the Stake President. It was a blast! I've just never had much of a chance to play racquetball, but I've decided I love it. Alot. Gonna try to do that again. We did doubles, each of us took a turn being with president, and then the last game we did them 2 versus us. We did pretty well for the first bit, we stayed fairly even on scores, like 3-4, then 5-7, til we were 10-12, then I guess they decided to stop messing around and just dominated us. President Riggs, the stake president, apparently has been playing 2-3 times a week for 40 years. Not alot you can do about that one. He is a Racquetball MACHINE.



  So we had a really cool yet crazy lesson with some of our investigators, Yolanda and Evelyn. I mentioned them before, they are a mother and a daughter. Yolanda had a surgery a few weeks ago, so we were able to visit her in the hospital, and she thought that was really nice of us. We had a cool lesson with them and one of their friends/neighbors, named Marisa. We had talked to her before, but we haven't had much contact. She turned out to just be full of questions on every single topic you could imagine everything from temples to spirits to seventh day to the trinity to prophets and everything in between. So we tried to keep the lesson going in a normal direction to build principle upon principle, but every time we would get back on topic from trying to answer one of her tangents, wed be talking a little more and then all of the sudden shed ask another question and wed be another tangent. Calm down lady! We'll explain why spirits go to the spirit world and why we don't drink coffee and why its Sunday not Saturday sometime- but not all at once!



  I don't think I mentioned this... But a few months ago we found a guy named Benicio, who had just barely got here from Guatemala. Whenever I meet someone from Guatemala I always use my cousin, Rick, as a good conversation starter, because he is in Guatemala. So I asked what part and he said "Quetzaltenango", right where my cousin is! And even crazier, he said he had met with missionaries down there not too long before he left! So I emailed Rick and asked him, and he taught a guy named Benicio not too long ago! I'm about 90% sure its the same guy! How cool! Unfortunately, he moved to a different part of town, and we called him to get his address, and he said he wasn't home and didn't know his address right then, and when we called him later the number was disconnected :( but if we ever find him, I'll find out for sure. Would've been a way cooler story if he had gotten baptized!



  Well, that's about it, hope to hear from y'all soon!



-Elder Cardon




No comments:

Post a Comment