Dec 4, 2011

DAY 315: OCTOBER 11

TRANSFERS!

Well, this week was pretty normal I guess. We were supposed to have 2 baptisms last weekend buuuut..... Didnt work out. Cruz says he just wants to wait a little longer. Raul is totally ready, passed the interview and everything, but hadnt told his wife in Honduras that he was meeting with us, and when he told her he was going to get baptized she felt uncomfortable and they still need to figure it out. So, we'll keep workin hard with them, and I know they'll come soon.

Last friday we had a ward talent show, it was pretty cool. As missionaries, we sang The armies of Heleman in spanish, with me playing the guitar a member lended me, and I did my own little thing and did the beatbox chef. For those of you who dont know what that is, basically you get a mixing bowl and a bunch of other little bowls, and then start with just a little "shuffle" sound going, and then in each of the little dishes you have a snare, clap, kick and some bass, and then add in the "ingredients" one by one, making a more complex beat as you go along. You can check out the original think by searching "beatbox chef" on youtube. It turned out pretty well, I had an apron on and a mixing bowl with a bunch of other little dishes. Some of the members thought it was really cool, but I think some of the little old spanish ladies didnt really see the humor.


In other news, this week is transfers! Elder Terry is going and opening a new area, and I am staying here and training a new missionary! I hope its not someone weird. We'll see what goes down. The only thing is, I am still "red dotted" because I had one too many speeding tickets before my mission, so my companion will be the driver until I hit 9 months in the field. I shall refer to him as my chauffer. Well, thats probably it, hope everyone is well!

 
-Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment