Dec 4, 2011

DAY 363: NOVEMBER 28

TURKEY DAY/TRANSFERS!

Hey Everyone!


This week was great, I didnt even mention that last week was transfers! Lemme explain real quick how transfers happen here. So normally, during the week, our preparation day is monday. On transfer week, we have it on Tuesday, because on Monday night we have transfer calls, where we have to be in at a certain time to come take a phone call from president if we are getting transferred. Then on Wednesday, if we are transferred, we go to the stake center in Baton Rouge, have a big meeting where everyone finds out where they are going, then go back to your area. So, we came in at the appointed time Monday evening, the time passed, and no call, which we were kind of expecting. We had our p-day on Tuesday and I didnt even mention that it was transfer week in my email because nothing was happening, then continued on with normal life. Then, on Friday, during our district meeting, we got a call from President, informing us that two of the missionaries in our ward, serving in Baton Rouge north, were going to leave, and be double transferred into another area. So, the East Baton Rouge elders and us, the South Elders, would be taking over their area. So we got out a map, decided on some boundaries and went to just north and south Baton Rouge. Other cool part, one of the elders leaving was the district leader, and president asked me to be the new district leader! How exciting!

So thats the big news of the week. Part of this was switching us around, because Elder Sorensen and I are the only ones who have driving priveledges (the other elders were previously on bikes) so I am now with an Elder Cornejo, and Elder Sorensen went to North BR with Elder Aguilar. Him and I are getting along well. He brought a chess board, and is a chess genius, so we've been playing it quite a bit here in our apartment, with the english elders as well. I told the story last week about committing that family to church- Unfortunately, they listened to Satan. Some lame excuse of we "had" to go do something that potentially compromised our eternal salvation.


Oh yeah, thanksgiving was this week! On thanksgiving morning, we had a little "turkey bowl", we went to the church and played some soccer and volleyball. We had a few members and a few investigators there and all the missionaries, and it went pretty well! We did our weekly planning, and the english Elders got a entire cooked turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy from a member, so we put some of it in a tupperware, and brought it over to our romanian friend Drago, and he was really touched that someone had thought about him, because he doesn't have any family here. We also brought him another Romanian book of Mormon, and left him with some to read.

We went to a members house for dinner, and it was excellent! There were some other ward members there, and some of their extended family. The food was excellent! One of the members who was there asked me to give him the recipe for the thing I cooked before. Awhile ago, for the baptism and later for a break of the fast thing after church, I made a tres leches cake, and everyone loved it. So, I of course thought he was reffering to that. I said sure I'd get it to him. He than said to a couple other people at the table "Elder Cardon is going to give us the recipe!" I was a little confused about why he was so excited and decided to share it with everyone, but I said "sure, you can all have it if you want." Then after a little bit of me still being confused, he said "no not the tres leches- your little music thing!" Then it all came together, about the Beatbox chef thing I did a while ago at the ward talent show, he wanted me to do that! Then it kind of came to everyone looking at me and waiting for something to happen, and me wondering if it was proper manners to beatbox at the table, even though we were all done. So, I got a couple little dishes, and did the act. Everyone loved it. So much, that they said "let us get our phones so we can record it!" So, with about 6 people filming, I did it again. I asked someone to email my family the video, so hopefully that will get through to someone over there.

Well, thats about it for the week, hope everyone else had a great thanksgiving!!


Love,

Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment