Dec 4, 2011

DAY 342: NOVEMBER 7

Hey Everyone,

This week went pretty well! We had the baptism of Jose Raul, all went smoothly. I attached a picture. He bore his testimony in sacrament meeting, it was great! Hes thinking about moving back to Honduras very soon to be with his family, so it will be a bummer to see him leave, but it would be alot better for him to be there and with his family than here.


So last week I said I would come up with some stories to tell you, but guess what, I'm not sure I have any. Ok I guess I have one. So we went on exchanges last week, and I went with Elder Salazar to North Baton Rouge (I am serving in south) and it was pretty fun. We visited a guy who is one of those guys who while you are teaching, will pick out some detail and try to find a fault in it, then we'll explain it and hell realize it was kind of a dumb question, then we'll keep going and he'll pull out some un-related biblical scripture and try to tell us about it, but he'll again realize it doesnt make sense. It seriously took like half an hour just to read the intro to the Book of Mormon. But, I've realized getting mad and pwning them biblically doesnt really help, and it wasnt my investigator, so we just left him with a chapter to read. Another story from that exchange, we were talking to someone outside and they had their dog running aroun their front yard, and it was really hyper. It was jumping up on E. Salazar and sometimes on me. I'm certainly ok with dogs, and normally dont mind them jumping on me, but when im in missionary clothes, and not really in the mood to play with a dog I just ignore it. But, this dog certainly wanted the attention, so when it jumped up, I just pushed it away with my knee. Well, that made it fall right on its back. But luckily it just rolled over and then jumped back up on Elder Salazar. The lady we were talking to thought it was funny, so its all good.


Other exciting news- I think I may have mentioned it, but last week we found a foosball table. May have been next to a dumpster. May have been pretty gross. But, we brought it home and cleaned it up, and have had it in our living room all week. Its been quite the hit with other missionaries over, we've had alot of fun with it. We double checked the white handbook, looked like theres no regulations on foosbal tables in apartments.


Well, this week for p-day we are heading down to the World War Two muesem in New Orleans, Ive heard its really cool, I'm excited. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and not get shot. Thanks for the emails this week, and let me know if anyone wants anything for christmas!!

 
-Elder Cardon

P.S. Heres a picture of the baptism!! its Me, Elder Sorensen, Raul, Sister and Elder Powell, the wonderful senior couple we have with us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment