Sep 9, 2011

DAY 238: July 25

Hey Family! Well here we are, another week! This last week was great, we again achieved the "standard of excellence"! I dont know how many other companionships in the mission got it, but we were one of them! Elder Rawlings and I have the gnarly goal of getting the standard of excellence every week of the transfer. I know we can do it!

So one of the families we have been teaching has this 8 year old girl who is probably the coolest investigator we have. Her name is Catherine, and she knows more about the gospel than your average 8 year old member. She has come to primary several times, and retains an amazing amount of what she learns. She remembered everything they taught about temples, she knew the whole song "I am a child of God" in Spanish, knows the page numbers of a few of her favorite hymns, and reads the book of mormon every day. Why cant all of them do that!? The other day we were teaching them a lesson, my companion was talking, and she was sitting next to me and leaned over and whispered "Quiero decir algo sobre El Libro de Mormon" (I want to say something about the book of mormon). So I stopped Elder Rawlings and we let her talk and she said "Cuando leo El Libro de Mormon, me siento feliz" (when I read the book of Mormon, I feel happy". It was the cutest thing ever! Her and her mom have a baptismal date for the 20th, and I'm pretty confident they will make it.

We are overall doing very well, but alot of our other investigators have a hard time just showing some faith and praying! This other lady we have been teaching, Irma, I think I may have told you about, has some reservations just because this is "something new", and it doesnt say the name "Joseph Smith" in the Bible. Well, it doesn't say the names of any of the apostles in the old testament, neither does it say the name "Jesus Christ". Well, doesn't they werent who they said they were. Just pray about it, then you'll know! But I dont get how people have such a hard time with it.

Our apartment of 4 is still nice and tight quarters, but we get along fine. Elder Pope got transferred up to Baton Rouge, and now the other elders are Elder Guerra and Elder Southwick. They are both going home at the end of this transfer, which means someones going to have to get double transferred in and training. Heres why: at the end of this transfer, 10 spanish missionaries are leaving, and 10 more are coming in. There are 13 spanish companionships it the mission, so 10 of them will have to train, and one of those areas will have to be south metarie, the area I was in before this one. Theres a small, but existing possibiltiy that I will go back there, meaning that I wold spend the first year of my mission in 2 areas. Wow! But it would be cool, I liked that area. So well see what happens!

Anyways, hope you all are doing great, and that you send me lots of birthday cards!

Love,
Cam (Elder Cardon)

No comments:

Post a Comment