Sep 9, 2011

DAY 273: August 30

Hey Mom! I'm afraid my email will be short too, y'all sent me so much stuff! I'm going to print most of it and read it later. I'm so glad your doing well! I actually know someone who knows someone whos in that ward- I'm assuming theres only one ward there. I dont remember her name, but shes around my age, and she knows somebody in this mission named Elder Zach Pope, she's from Utah. I might think of her name later.

Well, the big news is- I'm getting transferred! Elder Rawlings is staying here and training, and I'm going up to Baton Rouge. President Wall has changed the way we do transfers, now we just get a call that says, "youre staying, youre going" and then everybody comes to Baton Rouge, finds out where, then goes back to their new area. I can only guess where I'm going because president said I'm going "up" to see a "different part" of the mission, so I'm not sure where, but well see. I guess just send this weeks dear elder to the mission home address, 12025 Justice ave, Baton Rouge, LA, 70816

This week was pretty good, pretty average. We have worked hard with alot of people, but are having trouble getting alot of them progressing! This mission thing is tough. We do have a super cool guy named Guillermo, who is Garifuna, and he basically just needs to get married with his girlfriend who is a member and then he'll get baptized. They are a super cool couple, I'm really excited for them to be members. They said they plan on moving back to honduras in the next year or two, and Elder Rawlings and I already have plans to go visit them down there.

Well, I guess next week I'll have some exciting news of my new area and companion and everything, but for now, have a great week, and enjoy all the chinese adventures!

Love,
Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment