Sep 9, 2011

DAY 266: August 22

Hey Family! Where are you all? in CHINA?!?!?! WOW!

I hope everything is going well over there, and that you can all adjust to the time change and culture change! We had a pretty good week, and taught lots of people about the gospel! I still haven't got an email from anyone in China, I want to know what its like. Email me! Oh and you might want to call the mission office and let them know about the few extra digits on your phone number.

So let me tell you about one of our investigators, Jorge. He is a super cool guy. He is a little older, probably around 60, is from Cuba, and carries a gun with him just about always, possibly even at church yesterday. He met with missionaries over a year ago, but one thing or another happened and they stopped coming by. But since then he has read the entire book of Mormon, and LOVES it. He came to church yesterday and really liked it as well, and had some great questions and contributed well to the classes. The other day after we had a lesson with him, he asked us if we were busy, if we had somewhere to go, and we said we were just going to try a few people we had talked to in the area, and he said, "alright come with me". We walked around and he totally contacted people with us! He would see a guy out working on his car and say "hey, you need more peace in your life, these guys can help you find peace" and then we would take over from there. We went and knocked on the door of one of his friends, and totally taught a lesson right then and there, and Jorge bore a sweet testimony about the veracity of the Book of Mormon! I'm really excited for this guy, he could (will) be an awesome member.

So we went on exchanges last week, and I went with E. Southwick in his area, and we taught a guy who was a DJ. He said he was going to leave soon, so didn't have time, but I asked to see his setup, and he let us in. I saw his setup (it was pretty sweet) and played with it for a bit, but after feeling guilty for listening to worldly music that I miss so terribly, we sat down and had a short 10 min lesson. No time my foot, DJ 1ACO!

Alot of time, we go play basketball at the church, but last week we went and played Frisbee! it was pretty fun, we're planning on going again today.

Well, thats about all the news for this week, but, let me know about China ASAP!

Love,
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment