Sep 9, 2011

DAY 252: August 8

Hey Mom!

Thanks so much for the email! I hope everyone is doing great. I sure do miss Daniel! thanks so much for all the pictures of him and all of you that you sent. And for all the stuff in the package, it was awesome! I put my new speedometer on, and since last Monday we have ridden 72 miles. We will be turning ours in at the end of the month like all the Elders with cars. So last monday We went to the french market again, I tried an alligator po-boy, it was really good! I got myself a stylish white watch as well. To get there, we couldnt find a ride, and all 4 of us in the apartment wanted to go, so we just had 2 of us sit in back of a truck, because thats legal down here! it was fun! I attached a picture of that and a sweet house we always ride by.

So Tuesday was my birthday, and it was a great day. We have our district meeting every tuesday, and so all 4 of us from the apartment have to ride our bikes together to the church. along a quieter neighborhood road where we can all ride in the street instead of the sidewalk, weve established the tradition that on it, we grab on to eachothers backpacks, and let one person pull all 4 of us in a chain. One week Elder Pope did it, next week I did, next week elder southwick did, so this week, I coasted up to the side of Elder Rawlings and grabbed his backpack, and rode with no hands next to him for a second. He stopped pedaling and said "I'm not pulling you". I said it was his turn to pull all of us. He still denied, and tapped his brakes to slow down a bit. I was still going no-hands, and because he slowed down, my handlebar ran into his, which made my front wheel turn sideways, which sent me very quickly onto the pavement. Thanks for the birthday present Elder Rawlings.

After the district meeting, we went out to lunch at a place called copelands cheesecake bistro. It is a pretty high-class place, but they have some lunch specials that arent too pricy. It ended up being over a 2-hour affair, but the food was excellent. On tuesday we have a meeting at the church with our ward mission leader, and we also teach an English class. afterward, some of the ladies in the ward made some food and had a little party for us in the kitchen, with of course some excellent food made by Sister Martinez. It was nice of them.

Well, time is short, but thanks s much for the package, and the continued love and support from you all!

Adios,
Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment