Sep 9, 2011

DAY 245: August 1

Well hey everyone!

Thanks for the letter. I did get the package, but have not gotten yet. Let me explain: The package didn't fit in the mailbox, so they just leave a note in the mailbox that says you can pick it up at the post office, so we're planning on going down there today. Its not very close to the apartment :)

This week, we absolutely KILLED it with numbers. Honestly probably the best I've seen in my whole mission. With a little hard work and dedication, you can get some serious work done, and its been pretty cool to see. So last week I told myself that I would write some stuff down that happened during the week, but then I didn't. But, I do remember a few highlights that maybe you'll enjoy.

Last Monday, after we emailed we went shopping. At Walmart they had a big box of watermelons, that were priced by the melon, not the pound. So Elder Rawlings and I dug through and found a HUGE watermelon (luckily we had somebody to drive us that week), and took it home, and still aren't done with it. We weighed it: 35 lbs.

While we were in a lesson, they had this little dog, and it was running around being a little noisy. It came to elder Rawlings and sniffed him a little, then turned around and peed on him. The lady for some reason tried to blame it on him, not the dog. We went home afterward so Elder Rawlings could change his socks. Not sure how soon we're going to visit her again.

Like I said before, its been raining ALOT. Thursday it rained like crazy, luckily thats our planning day, so we were in the apartment most of the day. But the streets looked like they did that one time when I sent you the pictures. The same thing happened the next day, but luckily we saw the storm coming and took refuge in a members apartment and waited it out. Afterwards I popped my tire by riding through a puddle with half of a broken bottle in it, so we spent the rest of the day taking "la wawa de San Fernando"*

Church was good, last week, another elder and I were asked to teach primary because another teacher wasn't there, so we got to teach the 4 year olds class. Definitely a shorter attention span than most people we teach, but I think they probably learned something.

Thanks so much for the birthday package, I'm sure its full of wonderfully exciting things. Good luck getting everything ready for China!

Love,

Elder Cardon

No comments:

Post a Comment